Premier MusIc Learning Centre
5/10 Rothcote Court, Burleigh Heads Qld.
Est. 1997 Ram Sefer & Co.
CALL 0404 395 318
SKYPE or IN PERSON lessons available
Enrolments Now Open for 2022
Make it happen!
LEISA IN PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE SHOW
VOCAL & PIANO TUITION
Leisa has helped countless beginners and pro's achieve their own particular goals.
A highly reputable and skilled teacher covering all aspects of vocals, piano and performance such as, technique, songwriting theory, improvisation and live performance.
Leisa has an extensive career history as:
-Singing, Piano teacher.
POSITIONS HELD AS VOCALIST/PIANIST:
Having had extensive experience performing in Australia and overseas, Leisa is at home on stage and her love of music comes through in her vibrant performances. Leisa has the vocal ability to cover a wide range of styles with confidence and energy.
Leisa's performances have included
* The Opera House
* The Beyond the Darkside Pink Floyd Spectacular to a standing ovation which took her to the Capital Cities in Aus and NZ to perform.
* In Perth, WA, Leisa has had residencies for over a year each at the
* Burswood Casino.
* The Fremantle Esplanade Hotel among other work with top trios and bands in Perth.
VENUES AND RESIDENCIES HELD IN QLD
* Brisbane Convention Centre,
* Gold Coast Performing Arts Centre,
* Jupiters Atrium Bar,
* The G, Redcliffe Leagues Club,
* Burleigh Bears,
* CSI, Arana Leagues Club,
* Various Bowling Clubs,
* Sherwood RSL,
* Maroochydore RSL,
* Redcliffe RSL,
* Paradise Point Bowls Club,
* Club Pine Rivers,
* Geebung RSL,
* Greenbank RSL among others.
TEACHING BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS
As a graduate of WA Academy of Performing Arts, WAAPA, Leisa is an accomplished singing and piano teacher and has been teaching and performing for over 25 years and has taught at many music schools and private schools as well as relief teaching at WAAPA.
Styles & Ages
Leisa teaches singing and piano, from Classical piano to pop to jazz, most vocal styles.
Leisa's experience of 25 years is valuable for pinpointing any problems and providing the solution. From your first lesson you will get you started with techniques that will help you straight away.
Students and their parents often comment on Leisa's teaching work ethic, of working professionally while putting students at ease in the lesson. She is best described as a kind, patient, well organised, self-motivated teacher. Leisa's extensive live performance career has culminated in a wealth of experience and insights into the real world of music and performance that is a huge bonus for her students. A highly effective teacher that gets results.
5 to 80.
Leisa's teaching method works with helping students discover their own voice rather than moulding them into something they are not.
If you play an instrument, it makes you a better singer. The more you play, the better you sing, the more you sing, the better you play. -
ABOUT THE LESSONS
WHAT WILL l LEARN?
KEYBOARD & PIANO
Beginner to Advanced.
Styles covered are :
-Music theatre and Jazz
-Pop & Rock
-Worship songs, Hillsong.
Songwriting, Performance, Recording.
Just some of the things you will learn are:
* How to go through several octaves without damaging your vocal cords.
* How the voice works.
* How to use vocal exercises without tension.
* About the head voice and chest voice and how to combine them seamlessly.
* How to inject emotion into your vocals.
* Microphone technique.
* Stage Performance and presentation.
" it's all about having your needs met! "
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU
* "l only want to learn the songs l like"
* "l already play a musical instrument but want to learn how to sing or improve my singing"
* l write lyrics and would like to learn about songwriting theory"
* "l already sing but would love to learn how to sing harmonies so l can sing with other musicians and friends"
* "l can sing or l feel l have a bit of a voice and would like to boost my confidence to sing in front of people"
* "l have had singing lessons in the past but had problems singing in time"
* "l really want to increase my vocal range and power"
* "l don't want to be bothered with theory and scales l just want to sing for fun without any pressure".
Be brave and fearless to know that even if you do make a wrong decision, you’re making it for a good reason. -
WHY CHOOSE LEISA?
Leisa's experience is diverse: - Teacher,
-Actor & Voiceover artist
Premium singing lessons 100% customised to your taste.
Convenient location and parking.
Dedicated Sound proofed and Air conditioned studios.
Registered Blue Card holder.
" There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be ."
- John Lennon.
Leisa's guidance, knowledge of several singing styles and aspects of performance along with her ongoing support, has shaped me into a confident versatile performer and greatly contributed to my success in the music and performance industry".
Sarah P - ex student.
"I had the pleasure to have Leisa as a teacher for many years and I can honestly say that her influence on me as a teacher has helped define the musician that I am today.
Leisa was always full of support and guidance and helped me through many challenges as a young music student and her teaching helped me mature into a confident and self expressive performer".
"My time with Leisa is something that is ever so clearly reflected within my growth and journey as a young music student".
Britney - ex student
"Leisa is a highly regarded vocal professional who teaches with clarity of instruction and high expectation of student outcomes. Leisa has the ability to recognise the individual talent and aspects of each voice and adapt her teaching accordingly. I unreservedly recommend her vocal teaching"
Sarah Jean - Student.
Testimonials from live performances:
" The sound quality was excellent as was the production & performance – Rob Rota,
Gold Coast Brass n Woodwind”
“…My family and friends are still buzzing from a great performance by Darrin and Leisa”
– Glen O’Leary, Private Function
“…Lots of feedback from the community that you were an awesome band!”
– Kylie Robinson, Oxley Bowls Club
“… Song selection and show timing were spot on leaving no bums on seats and the dance floor packed”
– Jim Syme, Private Function
Make it happen!